Configure site-specific details including the site name (which appears in the header), the slogan, and the email from which automated emails will be sent. You can also enable or disable the use of Landing Pages.
- Site Details
- Time Zones
- Events Signups
- Top Menu Icons
- Font Resizer
- Google Translate
- Site-Wide Password Protection
- Outdated Browser Detection
Enter the name of the organization, which will appear in the header, in the ‘Site name’ field
Enter the website slogan in ‘Slogan’ field
If no slogan is entered, the space will be left empty
The use of the slogan is dependent on the site’s theme
Enter the e-mail address from which automated e-mails should be sent
To prevent e-mails sent from this address being flagged as spam by the recipient, use an address ending with your site’s domain
Set the default country
Choose the first day of the week
This will configure the site calendar accordingly
Example If we set Wednesday as the 'First day of the week', the calendar will appear as below:
Set the default time zone for the site
The time zone may affect Room Bookings, the Calendar, and Events among other features; as such it's important that this is set appropriately
Choose whether users may set their own time zone
This will override the default
Choose if the system should remind users at login if their time zone is not set
Choose whether new users should have the time zone set as the default, empty, or may set their own at registration.
This last option only applies if you have also chosen to allow users to set their own time zone.
Event Signup Settings
- Configure the default settings for event signups. These are the singup details that are given to new events created in your Stacks site.
- Send signups to: Email address that will receive an email every time someone registers for this event
- Send confirmation: If enabled, the system will send an email to users when they signup, with confirmation details
- Confirmation email: Defines the body text of the confirmation email
- Send reminder: If enabled, the system will send an email to users when at the defined time prior to the event start
- Signup limit: Max default number of registrations for events
Top Menu Items
- Optional To link to an external site, provide the text for the link that will appear in the header, as well as the URL for the site
Choose which icons, if any, should appear in the Top Menu
Choose whether to enable or disable the ‘Font Resizer’
Choose whether to enable or disable the Google Translate toggle
- Enable or disable Stacks Website Search
- Enabling this feature will allow users to search through the content your organization has created on the site, rather than only that provided by your EDS or ILS configuration
- Verify that your Locations and Hours are properly configured (read more)
- Optional Configure a Location Bar
- Click the 'Enable' checkbox
- Optional Click the 'Enable Slide/Rotate' checkbox IF you would like the element to rotate through multiple locations
- Optional Click CHOOSE FILE to upload an image to include in the modal that appears if the user clicks on the Location Bar
- This bar will be added to the header and can be set to display either the first location in your Locations list, or to rotate through all locations
- If the user clicks on this bar, a modal will popup with that location's hours for the current day along with their contact information. If you've chosen to include an image with the modal ('Modal
- Image') it will be included at the top of this popup.
- Click the 'Enabled' checkbox to turn site-wide password protection on off
If site-side password protection is enabled, users must be signed in to access any and all pages. This can be helpful during your initial setup up phase, or for organization's whose Stacks site and its contents are not intended for public consumption.
- Click the 'Enabled' checkbox to turn Outdated Browser Detection on or off
Your users' Stacks experience may not be optimal if the browser they are using is not up-to-date. Enabling this feature will warn users when their browser version might affect functionality. Read more...
- Optional Add a custom message to alert users that their browser if out of date
- Click SAVE CONFIGURATION